- News> Villa Kooimans in RhoonRead more...X
- 23 05 2013De Oriënt wins Neprom award 2013
- 21 09 2012Exposition FUSION in Zaandam
- 25 07 2012New publication 'Community Architecture in the Netherlands'
- 11 07 2012De Geest van Gezelligheid
- 30 01 2012Article about De Oriënt in Dutch newspaper 'NRC Handelsblad'
- 19 01 2012Inntel Hotel graces the cover of the renowned Japanese architectural magazine a+u
- 12 12 2011WAM update December 2011
- 07 12 2011De Oriënt nears completion
- 06 12 2011WAM architecten designs New Saudi Embassy and Consulate
- 05 12 2011Inntel Hotel wins FIABCI Prix d’Excellence The Netherlands 2011
- 04 12 2011Villa Kooimans in Rhoon
- 03 12 2011Definitive Design for Townhouses, Spinozastraat in The Hague
- 02 12 2011Expansion of Van der Leeuw Opticians, Delft
- 01 12 2011WAM architecten selected for the ‘Buiten in Buiten’ residential project in Almere
- 07 09 2011Interview with Wilfried van Winden in Dutch newspaper 'de Volkskrant'
- 10 06 2011Exposition FUSION in ABC Haarlem
- 22 04 2011Inntel Hotel graces the cover of Architecture in the Netherlands, Yearbook 2010/11
- 12 04 2011WAM update april 2011
- 28 03 2011WAM-studio
- 09 03 2011De Oriënt in The Hague is under construction
- 10 02 2011WAM architecten wins invited competition for townhouses on the Spinozastraat in The Hague
- 08 02 2011Rotterdam’s Essalam Mosque has opened
- 07 02 2011Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam nominated for the Mies van der Rohe Award 2011
- 06 02 2011WAM architecten contributes to an exhibition at the Louisiana Museum, Denmark
- 05 02 2011Artist/designer Frank Bruggeman designs special pallet bookcase
- 28 01 2011Fusion Architecture
- 31 08 2010Zaandam hotel’s design captures the imagination worldwide
04 12 2011
Villa Kooimans in RhoonWAM architecten is designing a modern and stylish villa in a 1960s neighbourhood in Rhoon, close by Rotterdam. The starting point for this new villa was an existing bungalow from that period. The new design provides for an appreciable expansion and modernisation of the home. On the ground floor the villa opens out towards the garden, the water and the park. From the living room the inhabitants look out across the new swimming pool and the peaceful, green surroundings.
The street where this villa stands is typified by a series of bungalows finished in whitewashed plaster and yellow brick from the 1960s in a park-like setting. The client bought the small bungalow because of its unique situation, and the original single-storey property has been integrated into the new villa. An extra floor has been added and the surface area has almost been tripled to 300m2. The exterior is being finished with stucco, so that the existing and the new will coalesce into a completely new whole. By using an alternation of blank panels and expansive glazed facades, together with generous eaves and other features of neo-modern architecture, the villa seamlessly nestles into the ambience of the environs. Construction work began in late October and the new inhabitants, the Kooimans family, will be able to move in next summer.
The design was realised in association with Stef van der Gaag.
Artist impression by X-visuals, Uruguay
- Private Clients