- News> Artist/designer Frank Bruggeman designs special pallet bookcaseRead more...X
- 23 05 2013De Oriënt wins Neprom award 2013
- 21 09 2012Exposition FUSION in Zaandam
- 25 07 2012New publication 'Community Architecture in the Netherlands'
- 11 07 2012De Geest van Gezelligheid
- 30 01 2012Article about De Oriënt in Dutch newspaper 'NRC Handelsblad'
- 19 01 2012Inntel Hotel graces the cover of the renowned Japanese architectural magazine a+u
- 12 12 2011WAM update December 2011
- 07 12 2011De Oriënt nears completion
- 06 12 2011WAM architecten designs New Saudi Embassy and Consulate
- 05 12 2011Inntel Hotel wins FIABCI Prix d’Excellence The Netherlands 2011
- 04 12 2011Villa Kooimans in Rhoon
- 03 12 2011Definitive Design for Townhouses, Spinozastraat in The Hague
- 02 12 2011Expansion of Van der Leeuw Opticians, Delft
- 01 12 2011WAM architecten selected for the ‘Buiten in Buiten’ residential project in Almere
- 07 09 2011Interview with Wilfried van Winden in Dutch newspaper 'de Volkskrant'
- 10 06 2011Exposition FUSION in ABC Haarlem
- 22 04 2011Inntel Hotel graces the cover of Architecture in the Netherlands, Yearbook 2010/11
- 12 04 2011WAM update april 2011
- 28 03 2011WAM-studio
- 09 03 2011De Oriënt in The Hague is under construction
- 10 02 2011WAM architecten wins invited competition for townhouses on the Spinozastraat in The Hague
- 08 02 2011Rotterdam’s Essalam Mosque has opened
- 07 02 2011Inntel Hotel Amsterdam Zaandam nominated for the Mies van der Rohe Award 2011
- 06 02 2011WAM architecten contributes to an exhibition at the Louisiana Museum, Denmark
- 05 02 2011Artist/designer Frank Bruggeman designs special pallet bookcase
- 28 01 2011Fusion Architecture
- 31 08 2010Zaandam hotel’s design captures the imagination worldwide
05 02 2011
Artist/designer Frank Bruggeman designs special pallet bookcase
WAM architecten commissioned the well-known Dutch visual artist/designer Frank Bruggeman to design a remarkable bookcase that occupies a prominent place in the bureau’s office. The WAM library is a perpetual source of inspiration and therefore stands at the heart of the office.
The library is an ensemble of three cases, each built up from a modular stack of separate elements on a wooden pallet. The bookcases can be moved with ease using a pallet jack. This flexible concept is in keeping with the bureau’s design and layout: nothing is permanent. Bruggeman has for many years been using the same shade of bright blue. Wilfried van Winden also acquired a work of art by Bruggeman comprised of majestically stacked vases for the new office .
From 16 April to 24 September 2011 the Zeeuws Museum in Middelburg is staging Botanical Pleasure, a solo exhibition of Frank Bruggeman’s work. See also: www.frankbruggeman.com.
© photography: Max van Dongen
- Private Clients