- Press> Striking hotel of stacked Zaandam houses captures the imagination worldwideRead more...X
- 23 04 2012Press Information Inntel HotelStriking hotel of stacked Zaandam houses captures the imagination worldwide
- 19 10 2010Press statement
- 03 05 2010Press releaseZaandam hotel’s design captures the imagination worldwide
- 23 02 2010Press releaseStriking hotel of stacked Zaandam house
- 23 02 2010Photosheet Inntel Hotel
- 17 05 2009Press releaseSorry, this page is only available in Dutch
23 04 2012
Press Information Inntel Hotel
Striking hotel of stacked Zaandam houses captures the imagination worldwide
The new Inntel hotel in Zaandam is without a shadow of a doubt already the main eye-stopper in the revamped town centre and a building that has set many tongues wagging in the Netherlands. The iconic green wooden houses of the Zaan region were the fount of inspiration for the hotel’s designer, Wilfried van Winden (WAM architecten, Delft). The structure is a lively stacking of various examples of these traditional houses, ranging from a notary’s residence to a worker’s cottage. The remarkable design by Wilfried van Winden has generated a flurry of attention in Dutch and international media, from Korea to Mexico and from Japan to Sweden. The hotel opened its doors to guests in March 2010.
A stack of traditional Zaandam houses
Wilfried van Winden envisages the hotel as a temporary home, alluding to that transience with the stack of houses. Visually speaking the structure is built up from a varied stacking of almost seventy individual little houses, executed in four shades of the traditional green of the Zaan region.....
- Private Clients